1. Who are we?
Reader Tinsley Designs (RTD) Ltd – our website address is: https://rtdesigns.co.uk.
2. How can you contact us?
Please use the contact form on the website
3. How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you:
- Contact us to make and enquiry
- Supply a service to us or RTD supplies a service to you.
4. What information do we collect and why?
We will only ever collect the information we need – including data that will be useful to help improve our services. We collect:
- Non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet) pages accessed and/or files downloaded. This information just helps us determine how many people use our website.
- Personal information such as name, postal address, phone number, email address, information about your project etc.
- Drawings, photographs, sketches, plans and models used and developed in the course of providing our services
We do not hold information processed by or obtained from credit reference agencies.
5. How is your information used?
We only use the information for the purpose it is given and occasionally to contact current or previous clients. It is retained for only the appropriate period of time and is not shared with anyone outside RTD unless required to by law.
We may use your information to:
- Send you communications you have requested and that may be of interest to you – These may include information about marketing campaigns, exhibitions, events, etc.
- Process a payment you have made.
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide or are responding to a comment you have submitted to us.
- Notify you of any changes to a service, event or product we provide.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us.
We only advertise and market RTD’s own services. We will never sell or share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
6. Who has access to your information?
Your full information will only be accessed by RTD employees, and only those who have a specific reason to do so. We know who is responsible for managing and handling your data should we be required to disclose this.
We will need to pass your data to third parties who are acting either on our behalf, or on your behalf, in order to complete a service to you. These include but are not limited to:
- FreeAgent: When entering into a contract with us to either provide or receive a service, your details, including payment and contact details, will be entered in FreeAgent – the Small Business Accounting Software of the Year 2020. freeagent.com
- Email: We use the Professional Business Email platform provided by namecheap to host the email system. All emails between you and RTD will be managed by namecheap. namecheap.com/hosting/email
- Autodesk: We use the market leadings 3D BIM software, Revit to produce our 3D models and drawings. These drawings include details of your property and contact information. autodesk.co.uk/products/revit
- Other professionals such as structural engineers, energy assessors, environmental consultants, surveyors, local planning authorities and building control inspectors will all need information for performing their duties and arranging invoicing
7. How we keep your information secure
We have taken steps to ensure that the personal data we have on file is, where possible, kept on digital servers under password protection, rather than in paper-format stored in locked cabinets and offices. This allows us to both keep it secure, and access it more quickly, should you ask us to retrieve it.
Our website has an SSL certificate. This is evident by a lock symbol appearing to the left of the website address in your website browser.
Should a data breach occur, we will abide with the Information Commissioner’s Office and report this within 72 hours of the breech occurring.
8. How long we keep your data on file
We keep personal information for the minimum period it is necessary to do so. Our current storage times are:
- Data is destroyed 7 years after the date of your last transaction with us. Paper copies of invoices, credit notes and statements containing personal data (name, address and bank details) are kept securely and destroyed after 7 years.
- Unless requested otherwise, all customer data is kept. Buildings do not change rapidly and information on a building may well be valuable when renovations or alterations are undertaken many years later.
9. Use of ‘Cookies’
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or information about you, other than the data you choose to share.
10. Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site.
11. Rights of the individual
The individual is entitled to access their personal data on request.
RTD shall provide any information relating to data processing to an individual in a concise, transparent, intelligible form, using clear and plain language. The information shall be provided in writing, where appropriate, by electronic means.
The individual has the right to ask the Company to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning an individual.
The individual has the right to ask the Company to erase an individual’s personal data.
The individual has the right to object to their personal data being used for direct marketing.